More Lessons for Calculus
A series of free Calculus Video Lessons from UMKC - The University of Missouri-Kansas City.
A Review of Pre-Calculus, Operations on Functions, Families of Functions, Graphing Technology, Definition of a Function
Calculus I - Lecture 1: Functions - A Review of Pre-Calculus
- Definition of a Function [7.5 min.]
- Visualizing Functions: Graphs [10.5 min.]
- Domain (& Range) of Functions [7.5 min.]
- Some Exercises [11 min.]
- Viewing Windows [3.5 min.]
- Zooming In or Out [2.5 min.]
- Errors in Resolution [5.5 min.]
Calculus Lecture 2
New Functions From Old
- Operations on Functions [10 min.]
- How Operations Affect Function Graphs [6.5 min.]
- Functions with Symmetric Graphs [2 min.]
- Some Exercises [8 min.]
Families of Functions
- The Power Function Family y = xp [7 min.]
- The Polynomial Function, and Rational Function Families [4 min.]
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.