Plans and Worksheets for Grade 7
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 7
Common Core For Grade 7
Examples, videos, and solutions to help Grade 7 students learn how to
understand percent, convert between a fraction, decimal, and percent.
New York State Common Core Math Grade 7, Module 4, Lesson 1
Download worksheets for Grade 7, Module 4, Lesson 1
Lesson 1 Student Outcomes
• Students understand that P percent is the number P/100 and that the symbol % means percent.
• Students convert between a fraction, decimal, and percent, including percents that are less than 1% or greater
• Students write a non-whole number percent as a complex fraction.
Lesson 1 Summary
• Percent means “per hundred”. P percent is the same as P/100. Write % as short for percent.
• Usually there are three ways to write a number: a percent, a fraction, and a decimal. Fractions and
decimals are related to the ratio of percent over 100.
Lesson 1 Classwork
Opening Exercise 1: Matching
Match the percents with the correct sentence clues.
Use the definition of the word “percent” to write each percent as a fraction and then a decimal.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.