Plans and Worksheets for Grade 2
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 2
Common Core For Grade 2
Videos, examples, lessons, songs, and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn to partition a rectangle into rows and columns of same-size squares and count to find the total number of them.
Common Core: 2.G.2
Suggested Learning Target
Same Size Squares
- I can draw rows and columns of equal size in a rectangle.
- I can count the equal size squares in a rectangle.
- I can partition rectangles into rows and columns of same-size squares.
- I can use concrete materials (e.g., color tiles and cubes) to partition a rectangle
- I can apply repeated addition when counting total number of partitions
This video series for the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, shows how to partition a rectangle into columns and rows and then counting the number of same-size squares created after partitioning. The standard, 2.G.2, provides a solid foundation for multiplication and area for third grade math.
Partitioning rectangles using rows and columns (2.G.2)
Understanding Rectangles: 2.G.2
How to partition a rectangle into rows and columns? Identify the total number of partitioned pieces.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.