Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
Examples, solutions, and videos to help Grade 4 students learn how to solve multiplicative comparison word problems involving fractions.
Topic G: Repeated Addition of Fractions as Multiplication
Common Core Standards: 4.NF.4,
NYS Common Core Grade 4, Module 5, Lesson 39
Download worksheets for Grade 4, Module 5, Lesson 39
Lesson 39 Concept Development
Problem 1: Tameka ran 2 5/8 miles. Her sister ran twice as far. How far did Tameka’s sister run?
Problem 2: Natasha’s sculpture was 5 3/16 inches tall. Maya’s was 4 times as tall. How much shorter was
Natasha’s sculpture than Maya's?
Problem 3: A seamstress needs 1 5/8 yards of fabric to make a child’s dress. She needs 3 times as much fabric
to make a woman’s dress. How many yards of fabric does she need for both dresses?
Problem 4: A piece of blue yarn is 5 2/3 yards long. A piece of pink yarn is 5 times as long as the blue yarn.
Bailey tied them together with a knot that used 1/3 yard from each piece of yarn. What is the total length of the yarn tied together?
Lesson 39 Problem Set
Use the RDW process to solve.
5. A truck driver drove 35 2/10 miles before he stopped for breakfast. He then drove 5 times as far before he
stopped for lunch. How far did he drive that day before his lunch break?
6. Mr. Washington’s motorcycle needs 5 5/10 gallons of gas to fill the tank. His van needs 5 times as much gas
to fill it. If Mr. Washington pays $3 per gallon for gas, how much will it cost him to fill both the
motorcycle and the van?
Lesson 39 Homework
Use the RDW process to solve.
1. A grocery store had a sale on ground turkey. Eight families each bought 2 1/2 pounds of ground turkey.
How many pounds did the store sell to these families?
2. Trevor’s stack of books is 7 7/8
inches tall. Rick’s stack is 3 times as tall. What is the difference in the
heights of their stacks of books?
3. Gail has two yards of fabric. It takes 8 3/4 yards of fabric to make one quilt. She wants to make three quilts.
How many more yards of fabric does she need to buy in order to make three quilts?
4. Carol made punch. She used 12 3/8
cups of juice and then added three times as much ginger ale. Then she
added 1 cup of lemonade. How many cups of punch did her recipe make?
5. Brandon drove 72 7/10 miles on Monday. He drove 3 times as far on Tuesday. How far did he drive in the
6. Mr. Reiser fills the gas tank of his truck with 9 8/10
gallons of gas each week. He fills it five times per month.
If Mr. Reiser pays $3 per gallon for gas, how much will it cost him to fill his truck for the entire month?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.