Videos to help Grade 4 students learn how to solve multiplicative comparison word problems using measurement conversion tables.
Topic A: Measurement Conversion Tables
Common Core Standards: 4.OA.1,
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
NYS Common Core Grade 4, Module 7, Lesson 4
Download worksheet for Grade 4, Module 7, Lesson 4 (Pdf)
Lesson 4 Homework
Use RDW to solve the following problems.
1. Sandy took the train to New York City. The trip took 3 hours. Jackie took the bus which took twice as
long. How many minutes did Jackie’s trip take?
2. Coleton’s puppy weighed 3 pounds 8 ounces at birth. The vet weighed the puppy again at six months and
the puppy weighed 7 pounds. How many ounces did the puppy gain?
3. Jessie bought a 2-liter bottle of juice. Her sister drank 650 milliliters. How many milliliters were left in the
4. Hudson has a chain that is 1 yard in length. Myah’s chain is 3 times as long. How many feet of chain do
they have in all?
5. A box weighs 8 ounces. A shipment of boxes weighs 7 pounds. How many boxes are in the shipment?
6. Tracy’s rain barrel has a capacity of 27 quarts of water. Beth’s rain barrel has a capacity of twice the
amount of water as Tracy’s rain barrel. Trevor’s rain barrel can hold 9 quarts of water less than Beth’s
a. What is the capacity of Trevor’s rain barrel
b. If Tracy, Beth, and Trevor’s rain barrels were filled to capacity and they poured all of the water into a
30-gallon bucket, would there be enough room?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.