Videos to help Grade 4 students learn how to solve multi-step word problems involving converting mixed number measurements to a single unit.
Topic C: Investigation of Measurements Expressed as Mixed Numbers
Common Core Standards: 4.OA.3,
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
NYS Common Core Grade 4, Module 7, Lesson 14
Download worksheet for Grade 4, Module 7, Lesson 14 (Pdf)
Lesson 14 Homework
Use RDW to solve the following problems.
1. Molly baked a pie for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Then, she baked banana bread for 35 minutes less than the
pie. How many minutes did it take to bake the pie and the bread?
2. A slide on the playground is 12 1/2 feet long. It is 3 feet 7 inches longer than the small slide. How long is
the small slide?
3. The fish tank holds 8 gallons 2 quarts of water. Jeffrey poured 1 3/4 gallons into the empty tank. How much
more water does he still need to pour into the tank to fill it?
4. The candy shop puts 10 ounces of gummy bears in each box. How many boxes do they need to fill if there
are 12 1/4 pounds of gummy bears?
5. Mom can make 10 brownies from a 12 ounce package.
a. How many ounces of brownie mix would be needed to make 50 brownies?
Bonus: The brownie mix is also sold in 1 1/2 pound bags. How many bags would be needed to make 120
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.