Metric Measurements and Tenths
Videos to help Grade 4 students learn how to use metric measurement to model the decomposition of one
whole into tenths.
Topic A: Exploration of Tenths
Common Core Standards: 4.NF.6,
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
NYS Common Core Grade 4 Module 6, Lesson 1
Lesson 1 Concept Development
Activity 1: Compose and decompose 1 kilogram, representing tenths in fraction form and decimal form.
Activity 2: Decompose 1 meter, representing tenths in fraction
form and decimal form.
Activity 3: Decompose 1 centimeter, representing tenths in
fraction form and decimal form.
Lesson 1 Homework
1. Shade the first 4 units of the tape diagram. Count by tenths to label the number line using a fraction and
a decimal for each point. Circle the decimal that represents the shaded part.
2. Write the total amount of water in fraction form and decimal form. Shade the last bottle to show the
3. Write the total weight of the food on each scale in fraction form or decimal form.
5. Fill in the blank to make the sentence true in both fraction and decimal form.
6. Match each amount expressed in unit form to its equivalent fraction and decimal.