More Science Worksheets
A series of free Science Lessons for 7th Grade and 8th Grade, KS3 and Checkpoint Science in preparation for GCSE and IGCSE Science.
Reactions between Metals and Non-metals
Reaction of metals with oxygen
Reaction of metals with sulfur
Burning Magnesium in Air
1. Clean a small strip of magnesium ribbon.
2. Record the mass of the crucible and lid on a balance (mass A1).
3. Place the magnesium ribbon in the crucible, replace the lid and record the mass (mass A2).
4. Place the crucible on the pipe-clay triangle and heat strongly.
5. Re-weigh the crucible and lid (mass A3).
6. Record these results in a suitable table.
7. How has the mass changed? Can you explain these results?
Reaction between zinc and sulfur
Zinc and sulfur react when heated. Zinc sulfide, a luminescent compound, is formed.
Reactions of metals with oxygen
Magnesium reacts with oxygen
Copper reacts with oxygen
Iron reacts with oxygen
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.