Videos and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to measure an object twice using different length units and compare; relate measurement to unit size.
Common Core Standards:
Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Module 7, Grade 2, Lesson 18
Topic D: Measuring and Estimating Length Using Customary and Metric Units
NYS Math Grade 2 Module 7 Lesson 18
Lesson 18 Homework
1. - 4. Measure the lines in inches and centimeters. Round the measurements to the nearest
inch or centimeter.
5. a. Draw a line that is 5 centimeters in length.
b. Draw a line that is 5 inches in length.
6. a. Draw a line that is 7 inches in length.
b. Draw a line that is 7 centimeters in length.
7. Takeesha drew a line 9 centimeters long. Damani drew a line 4 inches long.
Takeesha says her line is longer than Damani’s because 9 is greater than 4. Explain
why Takeesha might be wrong.
8. Draw a line that is 9 centimeters long and a line that is 4 inches long to prove that
Takeesha is wrong.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.