CIE May 2021 9709 Pure Maths Paper 3 (pdf)
- Expand (1 + 3x)2/3 in ascending powers of x, up to and including the term in x3, simplifying the coefficients.
- Solve the equation 4x = 3 + 4-x. Give your answer correct to 3 decimal places
- The parametric equations of a curve are
x = t + ln(t + 2), y = (t − 1)e-2t, where t > −2.
(a) Express dy/dx in terms of t, simplifying your answer.
(b) Find the exact y-coordinate of the stationary point of the curve
- let f(x) =
- (a) By first expanding tan(2θ + 2θ), show that the equation tan 4θ =/2 = tan θ may be expressed as tan4θ + 2 tan2θ − 7 = 0.
- (a) By sketching a suitable pair of graphs, show that the equation cot 1/2x = 1 + e-x has exactly one root in the interval 0 < x ≤ π.
- For the curve shown in the diagram, the normal to the curve at the point P with coordinates (x, y)
meets the x-axis at N. The point M is the foot of the perpendicular from P to the x-axis
- The diagram shows the curve y = ln x/x4 and its maximum point M.
- The quadrilateral ABCD is a trapezium in which AB and DC are parallel.
- (a) Verify that
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.