CIE May 2021 9709 Pure Maths Paper 3 (pdf)
- Solve the inequality |2x − 1| < 3|x + 1|.
- On a sketch of an Argand diagram, shade the region whose points represent complex numbers z
satisfying the inequalities |z + 1 − i| ≤ 1 and arg|z − 1| ≤ 3/4 π
- The variables x and y satisfy the equation x = A(3−y), where A is a constant.
(a) Explain why the graph of y against ln x is a straight line and state the exact value of the gradient
of the line
- Using integration by parts, find the exact value of
- The complex number u is given by u = 10 − 4√6i.
Find the two square roots of u, giving your answers in the form a + ib, where a and b are real and
- (a) Prove that cosec 2θ − cot 2&theta= tan θ.
- A curve is such that the gradient at a general point with coordinates x, y is proportional to y/√(x + 1).
The curve passes through the points with coordinates (0,1)and (3, e)
- The equation of a curve is
- Let f(x) =
- The diagram shows a trapezium ABCD in which AD = BC = r and AB = 2r. The acute angles BAD
and ABC are both equal to x radians. Circular arcs of radius r with centres A and B meet at M, the
midpoint of AB.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.