CIE March 2022 9709 Pure Maths Paper 2 (pdf)
- Solve the equation |5x − 2| = |4x + 9|.
- A curve has equation y = 7 + 4 ln(2x + 5).
Find the equation of the tangent to the curve at the point (−2, 7), giving your answer in the form
y = mx + c.
- The variables x and y satisfy the equation y = 32aax, where a is a constant. The graph of ln y against x is a straight line with gradient 0.239.
(a) Find the value of a correct to 3 significant figures.
(b) Hence find the value of x when y = 36. Give your answer correct to 3 significant figures.
- (a) Show that sin 2θ cot θ − cos 2θ = 1.
- (a) Given that y = tan2x
- The polynomial p(x) is defined by
p(x) = 4x3 + 16x2 + 9x - 15,
(a) Find the quotient when p(x) is divided (2x + 3), and show that the remainder is -6.
- A curve has equation e2xy − ey = 100.
(b) Show that the curve has no stationary points.
It is required to find the x-coordinate of P, the point on the curve at which the tangent is parallel to
(c) Show that the x-coordinate of P satisfies the equation
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.