Plans and Worksheets for Kindergarten
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Kindergarten
Common Core For Kindergarten
Eureka Math/EngageNY Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 2 Common Core Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 2
Worksheets for Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 2
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Kindergarten students learn how to compare length measurements with string.
Topic A: Comparison of Length and Height
Lesson 2 Concept Development and Problem Set
Draw a picture of something that you have seen that is very tall.
Compare your picture to your friend’s. Is the item in his
drawing taller than yours or shorter than yours? Are you sure?
How can you find out?
Cut out the picture of the string at the bottom of the page. Compare the string with
each object to see which is longer. Use the line next to each object to help you
compare. Color objects shorter than the string green. Color objects longer than the
Draw something longer than, shorter than, and the same length as the picture of the string on
the back of your paper. Color objects shorter than the string green. Color objects longer than
the string orange.
1. What did you notice as you compared each
object to the string?
2. Did you do anything different as you compared
the lengths? What did you need to be sure to
3. Did you predict if the string would be shorter
than or longer than before you measured?
4. Explain to your partner how you compared the heights. Did your partner do anything different?
5. Does it matter which way you compare two objects? Why? How did you compare the string and the
6. Did your partner find something that was longer for his string that was shorter for yours? Did she
find something that was shorter for her string that was longer for yours? Why did that happen?
7. What new math vocabulary did we use today to communicate precisely?
8. How did the Application Problem connect to today’s lesson?
Lesson 2 Homework
Using the piece of string from class, find three items at home that are shorter
than your piece of string and three items that are longer than your piece of
string. Draw a picture of those objects on the chart. Try to find at least one
thing that is about the same length as your string, and draw a picture of it on
I can compare lengths using string.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.