More Lessons for Calculus
A series of free Calculus Video Lessons from UMKC - The University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Calculus 1 - Lecture 4 - Intuitive Beginning - Limits
This lecture covers limits - two sided & one-sided limits, limits that fail to exist, limits at infinity
- A New Tool: The "Limit" [24 min.]
- Some Limit Examples [6.5 min.]
- Two-sided & One-sided Limits [17 min.]
- Limits that Fail to Exist: When f(x) grows without bound [9 min.]
- Limits at Infinity: When x grows without bound [11.5 min.]
- More Limits that Fail to Exist: Infinity & Infinite Indecision [6 min.]
- An Exercise on Limits [5 min.]
Calculus 1 Lecture 5 - 6
Algebra of Limits
The Algebra of Limits as x -> a
- Basic Limits [7.5 min.]
- Limits of Sums, Differences, Products, Quotients, & Roots [11 min.]
- Limits of Polynomial Functions [7 min.]
- Limits of Rational Functions & the Apparent Appearance of 0/0 [17 min.]
- Limits of Piecewise-Defined Functions: When One-sided Limits Matter! [12 min.]
- Some Exercises [11 min.]
The Algebra of Limits as x -> +/- infinity : End Behavior
- Basic Limits [4.5 min.]
- Limits of Sums, Differences, Products, Quotients, & Roots [10 min.]
- Limits of Polynomial Functions: Two End Behaviors [9 min.]
- Limits of Rational Functions: Three Types of End Behavior [16 min.]
- Limits of Functions with Radicals [9.5 min.]
- Some Exercises [6.5 min.]
- Limits of ln(x), ex, and More [7 min.]
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.