Integrated Algebra - August 2012 Regents - Q #1
1. A system of equations is graphed on the set of axes below. The solution of this system is
2. A cell phone can receive 120 messages per minute. At this rate, how
many messages can the phone receive in 150 seconds?
3. The value of y in the equation 0.06y + 200 = 0.03y + 350 is
4. The scatter plot shown below represents a relationship between x and y. This type of relationship is
5. The sum of 3x2 + 5x − 6 and − x2 + 3x + 9 is
6. Jason’s part-time job pays him $155 a week. If he has already saved $375, what is the minimum number of weeks he needs to work in order to have enough money to buy a dirt bike for $900?
9. Which statement illustrates the additive identity property?
10. Peter walked 8,900 feet from home to school. How far, to the nearest tenth of a mile, did he walk?
11. Is the equation A = 21000(1 − 0.12)t a model of exponential growth
or exponential decay, and what is the rate (percent) of change per time period?
12. The length of a rectangle is 15 and its width is w. The perimeter of the rectangle is, at most, 50. Which inequality can be used to find the longest possible width?
13. Craig sees an advertisement for a car in a newspaper. Which information would not be classified as quantitative?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.