Integrated Algebra Regents - August 2012
High School Math based on the topics required for the Regents Exam conducted by NYSED. The following are the worked solutions for the Integrated Algebra Regents High School Examination August 2012.
Related Topics: More Regents Exams Lessons
August 2012 Integrated Algebra Regents Exam
Integrated Algebra - August 2012 Regents - Q #1
1. A system of equations is graphed on the set of axes below. The solution of this system is
2. A cell phone can receive 120 messages per minute. At this rate, how
many messages can the phone receive in 150 seconds?
3. The value of y in the equation 0.06y + 200 = 0.03y + 350 is
4. The scatter plot shown below represents a relationship between
x and y. This type of relationship is
5. The sum of 3x2 + 5x − 6 and − x2 + 3x + 9 is
6. Jason’s part-time job pays him $155 a week. If he has already saved $375, what is the minimum number of weeks he needs to work in order to have enough money to buy a dirt bike for $900?
Integrated Algebra - August 2012 Regents - Q #7
7. The expression 9a2
is equivalent to
8. The scatter plot below shows the profit, by month, for a new company for the first year of operation. Kate drew a line of best fit, as shown in the diagram. Using this line, what is the best estimate for profit in the 18th month?
9. Which statement illustrates the additive identity property?
10. Peter walked 8,900 feet from home to school. How far, to the nearest tenth of a mile, did he walk?
11. Is the equation A = 21000(1 − 0.12)t a model of exponential growth
or exponential decay, and what is the rate (percent) of change per time period?
12. The length of a rectangle is 15 and its width is w. The perimeter of the rectangle is, at most, 50. Which inequality can be used to find the longest possible width?
13. Craig sees an advertisement for a car in a newspaper. Which information would not be classified as quantitative?
Integrated Algebra - August 2012 Regents - Q #14
14. What are the coordinates of the vertex and the equation of the axis of symmetry of the parabola shown in the graph below?
15. A correct translation of “six less than twice the value of x” is
16. The rectangular prism shown below has a length of 3.0 cm, a width computations.of 2.2 cm, and a height of 7.5 cm. What is the surface area, in square centimeters?
17. Which set of coordinates is a solution of the equation 2x − y = 11?
18. The graph of a parabola is represented by the equation y = ax2
where a is a positive integer. If a is multiplied by 2, the new parabola will become
19. Which equation represents a line that has a slope of 3/4 and passes through the point (2,1)?
20. What is the value of mod((4(−6) + 18)/ 4!) ?
More Questions, Worked Solutions and Revision Resources for the Math Regents Examination
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.