IGCSE 2020 0580/02 Specimen Paper (pdf)
- A train leaves Zurich at 2240 and arrives in Vienna at 0732 the next day.
Work out the time the train takes.
- In a box of 80 glasses, 3 are broken.
Work out the percentage of broken glasses in the box.
- Here is a list of numbers.
Put a ring around the number with the largest value.
- Chai says that 8cm2 is the same as 80mm2.
Explain why Chai is wrong.
- y = mx + c.
Find the value of y when m = −2, x = −7 and c = −3.
- The number of cars parked in a car park at 9am is recorded for 10 days.
124 130 129 116 132 120 127 107 118 114
Complete the stem-and-leaf diagram.
- Using a ruler and pair of compasses only, construct a triangle with sides 5cm, 8cm and 10 cm.
Leave in your construction arcs.
- Triangle ABC is isosceles.
AC is parallel to BD.
Find the value of a and the value of b.
- Rearrange the formula 5w – 3y + 7 = 0 to make w the subject.
- Explain why 3 is irrational.
- The mass, m kilograms, of a horse is 429kg, correct to the nearest kilogram.
Complete this statement about the value of m.
- Triangle ABC is similar to triangle PQR.
- Solve the inequality n + 7 < 5n − 8.
- Without using your calculator, work out 1 7/12 + 13/20.
You must show all your working and give your answer as a mixed number in its simplest form.
- Here is a sequence of numbers.
7, 5, 3, 1, – 1, …
(a) Find the next term in this sequence.
(b) Find an expression for the nth term of this sequence.
- A hexagon has five angles that each measure 115°.
Calculate the size of the sixth angle.
- Calculate the area of this trapezium.
- Shade the region in each of the Venn diagrams below.
- Use a calculator to find the decimal value of
- Write the recurring decimal 0.32 as a fraction.
You must show all your working.
- The diagrams A, B, C, D, E and F are six graphs of different functions.
Complete the table to identify the correct graph for each function.
One has been done for you.
- A soccer team plays two matches.
The tree diagram shows the probability of the team winning or losing the matches.
Find the probability that the soccer team wins at least one of the two matches.
- AB is an arc of a circle, centre O, radius 9cm.
The length of the arc AB is 6πcm.
The area of sector AOB is kπcm2.
Find the value of k.
- These box-and-whisker plots show the monthly electricity costs for 100 different households who use Electro company or Spark company.
Tom says that the monthly costs with Electro company are lower and vary less than with Spark
Is Tom correct?
Justify your answer with reference to the box-and-whisker plots.
- Find the turning point of y = x2 + 4x – 3 by completing the square.
- A, B, C and D are points on the circumference of the circle.
The line XY is a tangent to the circle at A.
(a) Find the value of x, giving a reason for your answer.
(b) Find the value of y, giving a reason for your answer.
- (a) Simplify (27x6)1/3
(b) Find the value of (64x4)0.5 × 4x-2.
- Solve the simultaneous equations.
You must show all your working.
y = 5x2 + 4x – 19
y = 4x + 1
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.