IGCSE 2022 0625/22 Feb/Mar (pdf)
- A student investigates a pendulum.
He measures the time for the pendulum to complete 20 oscillations.
He repeats the experiment three more times.
The readings are shown
- A tennis ball falls from the upstairs window of a house.
- A car joins a road at a speed of 14 m / s and accelerates at 4.0 m/s2 for 5.0 seconds.
What is the final speed of the car?
- The gravitational field strength is 8.8 N/ kg on Venus and 3.8 N/ kg on Mars.
An object has a weight of 42 N on Venus.
What are the mass and the weight of the object on Mars?
- A student carries out an experiment to find the density of a rock
- A car has a mass of 1500 kg. A constant resultant force acts on the car and the car accelerates
from 15 m/s to 20 m/s in 4.0 seconds.
What is the magnitude of the resultant force acting on the car?
- A metal wire is loaded up to the limit of proportionality.
Which statement is correct?
- The diagram shows a uniform metre rule, MN, pivoted at its midpoint P.
- Which physical quantity is a vector?
- A resultant force of 500 N acts for 10 s on a car of mass 1000 kg. This causes the velocity of the
car to double.
- A child pushes a toy car along a horizontal surface and then releases it.
As the car slows down, what is the main energy transfer?
- At time = 0, a cannonball is stationary inside a cannon. The cannonball is then fired from the
At time = t, the cannonball moves forwards and the cannon moves backwards.
What happens to the total kinetic energy and the total momentum of the cannon and the
cannonball between time = 0 and time = t?
- In a small hydroelectric power scheme, 800 kg of water drops through a vertical height of 2.2 m
every second. The electrical output is 10.6 kW.
What is the efficiency of the scheme?
- An object is at rest on a horizontal surface.
Which equation is used to calculate the pressure that the object exerts?
- Smoke particles, illuminated by a bright lamp, are seen through a microscope. They move about
What causes this motion?
- Ether is a liquid that evaporates easily at room temperature.
The rate at which ether evaporates can be increased by bubbling air through it.
The diagram shows this process.
- Some ice is slowly heated and its temperature is measured. A graph is plotted of temperature
- The diagram shows the apparatus needed for an experiment to determine the specific heat
capacity of the material from which an object is made.
- Both boiling and evaporation involve a change of state from liquid to gas.
Which row gives the correct difference between boiling and evaporation?
- Which statement describes thermal conduction in a metal by electrons?
- A tank contains water. Ripples are produced on the surface of the water. Refraction is observed.
What causes the ripples to refract?
- The diagram shows wavefronts of a water wave passing through a gap in a barrier.
- The diagrams each show a ray of light from an object O passing through a thin converging lens.
The principal focuses in each diagram are labelled F.
- The diagram shows a ray of light inside an optical fibre approaching point X.
- An eclipse of the Sun happens when the Moon comes between the Earth and the Sun.
Which statement is correct?
- The diagram shows air particles in a sound wave
- Two isolated metal spheres are both negatively charged. The spheres are brought close together
but do not touch.
Which diagram shows the charge distribution on the spheres?
- Two separate circuits have different power supplies. Both power supplies provide the same
Power supply P has an electromotive force (e.m.f.) of 1.5 V and power supply Q has an e.m.f. of
Which statements about Q are correct when compared with P?
- The diagram shows a piece of metal resistance wire.
- Which labelled component in the circuit shown controls the brightness of lamp X?
- A circuit includes a battery, two identical resistors and five ammeters, P, Q, R, S and T
- An electrician sets up a potential divider circuit in a fridge so that when the fridge door is open
and light from the room enters the fridge, a warning light turns on.
Which component does the electrician need to use in addition to a variable resistor?
- Two NAND gates are joined together as shown
- The diagram shows an electric drill and safety guard.
- Two magnets are placed near a current-carrying coil.
The diagram shows this experimental arrangement and the current direction in the coil.
- Two circuits are set up as shown. The iron rods are placed close together and are able to move.
- When a current-carrying conductor is placed in a magnetic field, it experiences a force.
Which statement about this force is correct?
- When a beam of α-particles is incident on a thin metal foil, most of them follow a path
represented by path X in the diagram. A small number of α-particles follow a path represented by
path Y in the diagram.
- Nuclear fusion is a reaction that takes place in stars.
Which row describes this reaction?
- When a radioactive isotope is set up close to a counter, a count rate of 38 000 counts / s is
obtained. The table shows the count rate from the isotope over a three-year period.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.