IGCSE 2022 0580/42 Feb/Mar (pdf)
- A company employed 300 workers when it started and now employs 852 workers.
(a) Calculate the percentage increase in the number of workers.
(b) Of the 852 workers, the ratio part-time workers : full-time workers = 5:7.
Calculate the number of full-time workers.
(c) The company makes 40600 headphones in one year.
Write this number
(i) in words,
(ii) in standard form.
(d) In one month, the company sells 3000 headphones.
Of these, 48% are exported, 3/8 are sold to shops and the rest are sold online.
Calculate the number of headphones that are sold online.
(e) One year, sales increased by 15%.
The following year sales increased by 18%.
Calculate the overall percentage increase in sales.
- The table shows some values for
- f(x) = 1 + 4x, g(x) = x2
- In triangle ABC, AB = 45cm, AC = 29.5cm, BC = 35.3cm and angle CAB = 51.6°.
(i) Calculate angle ABC.
- The table shows information about the mass, m grams, of each of 120 letters.
- (a) (a) The interior angle of a regular polygon is 156°.
Calculate the number of sides of this polygon.
- Two rectangular picture frames are mathematically similar.
(a) The areas of the frames are 350 cm2 and 1134 cm2.
The width of the smaller frame is 17.5cm.
Calculate the width of the larger frame.
- Darpan runs a distance of 12km and then cycles a distance of 26km.
His running speed is x km/h and his cycling speed is 10km/h faster than his running speed.
He takes a total time of 2 hours 48 minutes.
- (a) The volume of a paper cone of radius 2.4cm is 95.4 cm3.
The paper is cut along the slant height from O to AB.
The cone is opened to form a sector OAB of a circle with centre O.
- (a) Expand and simplify.
- (a) The probability that Shalini is late for school on any day is 1/6.
- (a) Solve the equation tan x = 11.43 for 0° ≤ x ≤ 360°.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.