IGCSE 2021 0580/23 Nov/Dec (questions)
IGCSE 2021 0580/23 Nov/Dec (mark scheme)
- Write 26g as a percentage of 208g.
- The diagram shows two parallel lines intersecting a straight line.
Find the value of x.
- 11 13 15 17 19
From this list, write down the number that is both a prime number and a factor of 195.
- Put a ring around each of the symbols that make this statement correct.
- Nina changes 153 euros into dollars when the exchange rate is $1 = 0.9 euros.
Calculate the amount Nina receives.
- Marek buys a computer for $420.
He sells it at a loss of 15%.
Calculate the selling price of this computer.
- Beatrice walks 1km at a speed of 4km/h and then 2km at a speed of 4.5km/h.
Work out Beatrice’s average speed for the whole journey.
- Write the recurring decimal 0.27 as a fraction.
- These are the first four terms of a sequence.
3 -1 -5 -9
(a) Find the next term in this sequence.
(b) Find the nth term.
- (a) Find the value of P when M = 100, g = 3 and h = 4.5 .
(b) Rearrange the formula to write g in terms of P, M and h.
- Without using a calculator, work out
- Calculate 0.042 + 0.03 x 0.28.
Give your answer in standard form.
- (a) Complete the statement.
(b) Find n(Q).
(c) Find n(P' ∩ Q).
- The cost of a train journey is increased by 6% to a new cost of $153.70 .
Calculate the original cost of the train journey
- Jo and Mo share $26.
Jo receives $5 more than Mo.
Find the ratio Jo’s money : Mo’s money.
Give your answer in its simplest form.
- Each interior angle of a regular polygon is 178.5°.
Calculate the number of sides of this polygon
- Find the equation of the straight line that passes through the points (2, -2) and (3, 10).
Give your answer in the form y = mx + c.
- The diagram shows a sector of a circle, centre O, radius 12.6 cm.
Calculate the perimeter of the shaded segment.
- A lake has an area of 3km2.
On a map the area of the lake is 18.75cm2.
Find the scale of the map in the form 1 : n.
- Simplify fully.
- Solve the simultaneous equations.
You must show all your working.
- The diagram shows a triangular prism.
Angle BPC = 90°.
(a) Calculate AC.
(b) Calculate the angle between AC and the base ABPQ.
- tan x = √3
- ORT is a triangle.
X is a point on TR so that TX : XR = 3 : 2
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.