IGCSE 2020 0580/21 Nov/Dec (questions)
IGCSE 2020 0580/21 Nov/Dec (mark scheme)
3a + 7b - 4a + b
- A field, ABC, is in the shape of a triangle.
AC = 500m and BC = 650m.
Using a ruler and compasses only, complete the scale drawing of the field ABC.
Leave in your construction arcs.
Use a scale of 1 cm to represent 100m.
The side AB has been drawn for you.
- Rangan buys 3.6kg of potatoes and 2.8kg of leeks.
The total cost is $13.72.
Leeks cost $2.65 per kilogram.
Find the cost of 1 kg of potatoes.
- Aisha records the distance she runs and her average speed.
The results are shown in the scatter diagram.
(a) The table shows the results of four more runs.
On the scatter diagram, plot these points.
(b) What type of correlation is shown in the scatter diagram?
(c) On the scatter diagram, draw a line of best fit.
(d) Use your line of best fit to estimate her average speed when she runs a distance
- By writing each number correct to 1 significant figure, work out an estimate for T.
You must show all your working.
- Without using a calculator, work out
- Make x the subject of this formula.
2y = 5x - 7
- (a) 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7 are all common factors of two numbers.
Write down the digit that the two numbers must end in.
(b) Write 84 as a product of its prime factors.
- (a) Ahmed increases 40 by 300%.
From this list, put a ring around the correct calculation.
- A town has a population of 45000.
This population increases exponentially at a rate of 1.6% per year.
Find the population of the town at the end of 5 years.
Give your answer correct to the nearest hundred.
- The diagram shows a rectangle with a line of symmetry at x = 2.
Two vertices of the rectangle are at (-1, 1) and (-1, 4).
The shaded region is defined by the inequalities a ≤ x ≤ b and c ≤ y ≤ d.
Find the values of a, b, c and d.
- The interior angle of a regular polygon with n sides is 156°.
Work out the value of n.
- Write the recurring decimal 0.17 as a fraction in its simplest form.
You must show all your working.
- Find the gradient of a line that is perpendicular to 8y + 4x = 5.
- The diagram shows the speed–time graph for 100 seconds of the journey of a car and of a motorbike.
(a) Find the deceleration of the car between 60 and 100 seconds.
(b) Calculate how much further the car travelled than the motorbike during the 100 seconds.
- Factorise 6x2 + 7x - 20.
- (a) f= 3 x2 + a where a is an integer.
f (-2) = 19
Find the value of a.
- The diagram shows a solid made from a cylinder and a hemisphere, both of radius 7cm.
The cylinder has length 12 cm.
Work out the total surface area of the solid.
[The surface area, A, of a sphere with radius r is A = 4πr2.]
- In this Venn diagram, shade the region M' ∪ N ∪ P.
- The diagram shows a cyclic quadrilateral.
Find the value of y.
- The diagram shows a cuboid PQRSTUVW.
PV = 17.2 cm
The angle between the line PV and the base TUVW of the cuboid is 43°.
- (a) The diagram shows a parallelogram CDEF.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.