IGCSE 2020 0580/12 Feb/Mar (pdf)
- (a) Write 3.25pm in the 24-hour clock.
(b) Work out the time 7 hours and 36 minutes before 1326.
- (a) Measure the length of the line AB in millimetres.
(b) AB is the diameter of a circle.
Draw this circle.
- (a) The temperature on Monday was -7°C.
The temperature on Tuesday was 5°C lower than on Monday.
The temperature on Wednesday was 8°C higher than on Tuesday.
Find the temperature on Wednesday.(b) Kyra has a faulty thermometer.
It always shows the temperature as 2°C higher than the actual temperature.
The temperature on the thermometer is T°C.
Write an expression, in terms of T, for the actual temperature.
- Work out the value of x.
Give a geometrical reason for your answer.
- The diagram shows a fair 8-sided spinner.
The numbers on the spinner are 3, 4, 4, 7, 7, 7, 8 and 9.
(a) The spinner is spun once.
Write down the probability that the spinner lands on
(i) the number 7,
(ii) a number greater than 2.
(b) The spinner is spun 160 times.
Work out the expected number of times the spinner lands on the number 7.
- The month of July has 31 days.
Calculate the number of seconds in the month of July.
- A cuboid has length 3cm, width 2cm and height 1cm.
On the 1 cm2 grid, draw a net of the cuboid.
- (a) Write down the reciprocal of 40.
(b) Calculate .
Give your answer correct to 4 decimal places.
(c) Write the number 40 in standard form.
- (a) Write down the gradient of the line y = 2x - 3.
(b) Complete the table of values for y = 2x - 3.
(c) On the grid, draw the graph of y = 2x - 3 for -2 ≤ x ≤ 3
- Point A has coordinates (6, 4) and point B has coordinates (2, 7).
Write AB as a column vector.
- The number of people swimming in a pool is recorded each day for 12 days.
24 28 13 38 15 26
45 21 48 36 18 38
(a) Complete the stem-and-leaf diagram.
(b) Find the median number of swimmers.
- A bag contains red marbles, green marbles and blue marbles only.
The ratio of the number of marbles of each colour is
red : green : blue = 12 : 5 : 2.
There are 112 more red marbles than green marbles.
Work out the number of blue marbles.
- Without using a calculator, work out 15/28 ÷ 4/7
You must show all your working and give your answer as a fraction in its simplest form.
- The diagram shows a right-angled triangle.
(a) Calculate the area.
(b) Calculate the perimeter.
- Riya invests $30000 at a rate of 2.5% per year compound interest.
Calculate the value of her investment at the end of 7 years.
Give your answer correct to the nearest dollar.
- (a) Simplify.
5 × x0
(b) 912 ÷ 9w = 94
Find the value of w.
- The diagram shows a right-angled triangle ABC.
- (a) Factorise completely.
3x2 - 12xy
(b) Expand and simplify.
(m - 3)(m + 2)
- A car travels at a constant speed of 45 kilometres per hour for 5 minutes.
Each wheel of the car has radius 25 centimetres.
Calculate the number of complete revolutions that a wheel makes during the 5 minutes.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.