Worksheets, examples, and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to partition circles and rectangles into equal parts, and describe those parts as halves, thirds, or fourths.
Common Core Standards: 2.G.3,
Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Grade 2, Module 8, Lesson 9, Lesson 10
NYS Math Grade 2, Module 8, Lesson 9, Lesson 10
Download Worksheets for Grade 2, Module 8, Lesson 9 (Pdf)
Download Worksheets for Grade 2, Module 8, Lesson 10 (Pdf)
Lesson 9 Concept Development and Homework
1. Circle the shapes that have 2 equal shares with 1 share shaded.
2. Shade 1 half of the shapes that are split into 2 equal shares. One has been done for
3. Partition the shapes to show halves. Shade one half of each.
Lesson 10 Concept Development and Homework
1. Do the shapes below show halves or thirds? _____________
a. Draw 1 more line to partition each shape above into fourths.
2. Partition each rectangle into thirds. Shade the shapes, as indicated.
3. Partition each circle into fourths. Then, shade the shapes as indicated.
4. Partition and shade the following shapes. Each rectangle or circle is one whole.
a. 1 half
b. 1 fourth
c. 1 third
d. 2 fourths
e. 2 halves
f. 2 thirds
g. 3 thirds
h. 3 fourths
i. 3 halves
5. Split the pizza below so that Shane, Raul, and John all have an equal share. Label
each student’s share with his name.
What fraction of the pizza did the boys get in all?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.