Questions and Solutions for GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 Part 3)
More GRE Resources
These are explanations and step by step solutions for the second edition of the ETS Practice Book for the Paper-Based GRE Revised General Test (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6).
GRE Practice Test Second Edition - Complete Paper (pdf)
Questions 10 to 25 have several different formats. Unless otherwise directed, select a single answer choice.
For Numeric Entry questions, follow the instructions below.
Numeric Entry Questions
To answer these questions, enter a number by filling in circles in a grid.
• Your answer may be an integer, a decimal, or a fraction, and it may be negative.
• Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be
reduced to lowest terms, though you may need to reduce your fraction to fit in the grid.
• Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.
• If a question asks for a fraction, the grid will have a built-in division slash (/). Otherwise, the grid will have a
decimal point available.
• Start your answer in any column, space permitting. Fill in no more than one circle in any column of the grid.
Columns not needed should be left blank.
• Write your answer in the boxes at the top of the grid and fill in the corresponding circles. You will receive
credit only if the circles are filled in correctly, regardless of the number written in the boxes at
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 10)
10. Working at their respective constant rates,
machine I makes 240 copies in 8 minutes and
machine II makes 240 copies in 5 minutes. At
these rates, how many more copies does
machine II make in 4 minutes than machine I
makes in 6 minutes?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 11)
11. Among the people attending a convention in
Europe, 32 percent traveled from Asia and
45 percent of those who traveled from Asia are
women. What percent of the people at the
convention are women who traveled from Asia?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 12)
12. In the xy-plane, points R and S have coordinates
(-2, 1) and (4,-7), respectively. If point P is the
midpoint of line segment RS, what are the
coordinates of point P ?
A. (-1, -3)
B. (1, -4)
C. (1, -3)
D. (2, -4)
E. (3, -4)
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 13)
13. Steve’s property tax is $140 less than Patricia’s
property tax. If Steve’s property tax is $1,960, then
Steve’s property tax is what percent less than
Patricia’s property tax, to the nearest 0.1 percent?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.