Questions and Solutions for GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 Part 3)
More GRE Resources
These are explanations and step by step solutions for the second edition of the ETS Practice Book for the Paper-Based GRE Revised General Test (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5).
GRE Practice Test Second Edition - Complete Paper (pdf)
Questions 10 to 25 have several different formats. Unless otherwise directed, select a single answer choice.
For Numeric Entry questions, follow the instructions below.
Numeric Entry Questions
To answer these questions, enter a number by filling in circles in a grid.
• Your answer may be an integer, a decimal, or a fraction, and it may be negative.
• Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be
reduced to lowest terms, though you may need to reduce your fraction to fit in the grid.
• Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.
• If a question asks for a fraction, the grid will have a built-in division slash (/). Otherwise, the grid will have a
decimal point available.
• Start your answer in any column, space permitting. Fill in no more than one circle in any column of the grid.
Columns not needed should be left blank.
• Write your answer in the boxes at the top of the grid and fill in the corresponding circles. You will receive
credit only if the circles are filled in correctly, regardless of the number written in the boxes at
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 10)
10. At Company Y, the ratio of the number of female
employees to the number of male employees is
company, how many male employees are there at
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 11)
11. If (a-b)/(a+b) = 2 and b = 1, what is the value of a?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 12)
12. The floor space in a certain market is rented for
$15 per 30 square feet for one day. In the market,
Alice rented a rectangular floor space that
measured 8 feet by 15 feet, and Betty rented a
rectangular floor space that measured 15 feet by
20 feet. If each woman rented her floor space for
one day, how much more did Betty pay than
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 13)
13. A business owner obtained a $6,000 loan at a
simple annual interest rate of r percent in order to
purchase a computer. After one year, the owner
made a single payment of $6,840 to repay the loan,
including the interest. What is the value of r?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.