High School Math based on the topics required for the Regents Exam conducted by NYSED. The following are the worked solutions for the Geometry Regents High School Examination January 2013.
Geometry - January 2013 Regents - Q #1 - 5
Geometry - January 2013 Regents - Q #6 - 10
6. Plane A and plane B are two distinct planes that are both perpendicular to line ?. Which statement about planes A and B is true?
7. Triangle ABC is similar to triangle DEF. The lengths of the sides of triangle ABC are 5, 8, and 11. What is the length of the shortest side of triangle DEF if its perimeter is 60?
8. In the diagram below of right triangle ABC, altitude CD is drawn to hypotenuse AB. If AD = 3 and DB = 12, what is the length of altitude CD?
9. The diagram below shows the construction of an equilateral triangle. Which statement justifies this construction?
10. What is the slope of the line perpendicular to the line represented by the equation 2x + 4y = 12?
Geometry - January 2013 Regents - Q #11 - 15
11. Triangle ABC is shown in the diagram below. If DE joins the midpoints of ADC and AEB which statement is not true?
12. The equations x2 + y2 = 25 and y = 5 are graphed on a set of axes. What is the solution of this system?
13. Square ABCD has vertices A(-2,-3), B(4,-1), C(2,5), and D(-4,3). What is the length of a side of the square?
14. The diagram below shows triangle ABD, with a ray ABC, BE ⊥ AD and ∠ EBD is congruent to ∠ CBD. If m ∠ ABE = 52, what is m ∠ D?
15. As shown in the diagram below, FD and CB intersect at point A and ET is perpendicular to both FD and CB at A. Which statement is not true?
Geometry - January 2013 Regents - Q #16 - 25
16. Which set of numbers could not represent the lengths of the sides of a right triangle?
17. How many points are 5 units from a line and also equidistant from two points on the line?
18. The equation of a circle is (x - 2)2 + (y + 5)2 = 32. What are the coordinates of the center of this circle and the length of its radius?
19. The equation of a line is y = 2/3x + 5. What is an equation of the line that is perpendicular to the given line and that passes through the point (4,2)?
20. Consider the relationship between the two statements.
21. In the diagram of trapezoid ABCD below, AB || DC, AD = BC, m ∠ A = 4x + 20, and m ∠ C = 3x - 15.
22. In circle R shown below, diameter DE is perpendicular to chord ST at point L. Which statement is not always true?
23. Which equation represents circle A shown in the diagram below?
24. Which equation represents a line that is parallel to the line whose equation is 3x - 2y = 7?
25. In the diagram below of circle O, PAC and PBD are secants. If mCD = 70 and mAB = 20, what is the degree measure of ?P?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.