Eureka Math/EngageNY Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 1 Common Core Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 1
Worksheets for Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 1
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Kindergarten students learn how to find and describe flat triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, and circles using informal language without naming.
Topic A. Two-Dimensional Flat Shapes
Lesson 1 Concept Development
Sort the shapes into shapes with a curve and shapes without a curve
1. What objects did you sort that were curved? What objects did you sort that were not curved?
2. Which flat shape(s) were the hardest to sort? Why?
3. Explain to your partner what shapes you drew on the back of your paper. Can you think of other
objects around you that have these same shapes?
4. What new (or significant) math vocabulary did we use today to communicate precisely?
5. How can you tell about each shape without using the shape’s name?
6. How did the Application Problem connect to today’s lesson?
Suggestions for other ways you may ask students to sort
are listed below:
Shapes that have curves and sharp points.
Shapes that have only curves.
Shapes that have four or fewer corners.
Shapes that have four or more sides.
Learning Goals: I can find and describe flat shapes.
Lesson 1 Homework
Sort the shapes.
Shapes with a curve and shapes without a curve.
Draw a line from the shape to its matching object.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.