More Lessons for Grade 8
Examples, solutions, videos, worksheets, and stories to help Grade 8 students learn how to solve equations containing decimals.
Solving One Step Equations Involving Decimals
How to solve two-step equations involving decimals?
1. Add or subtract in order to isolate the variable term.
2. Multiply or divide to solve for the variable.
3. Check all possible solutions.
Solving Two Step Equations Involving Decimals
How to solve multiple-step equations involving decimals?
1. Remove parentheses by using the distributive property. Then combine like terms on each side.
2. Add or subtract as needed, to get variable terms on one side and all constant terms on the other, Then combine like terms.
3. Multiply or divide to solve for the variable.
4. Check all possible solutions.
Solving Multiple Step Equations Involving Decimals
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.