Edexcel Oct 2021 IAL Pure Maths 2 WMA12/01 (pdf)
- The first three terms, in ascending powers of x, of the binomial expansion of
- A sequence is defined by
- Figure 1 shows a sketch of part of the curve with equation y = log10x
The region R, shown shaded in Figure 1, is bounded by the curve, the line with equation
x = 2, the x-axis and the line with equation x = 14
Using the trapezium rule with four strips of equal width,
(a) show that the area of R is approximately 10.10
- f(x) = (x2 − 2)(2x − 3) − 21
(a) State the value of the remainder when f(x) is divided by (2x − 3)
(b) Use the factor theorem to show that (x − 3) is a factor of f(x)
(i) factorise f(x)
(ii) show that the equation f(x) = 0 has only one real root
- A company that owned a silver mine
- extracted 480 tonnes of silver from the mine in year 1
- extracted 465 tonnes of silver from the mine in year 2
- extracted 450 tonnes of silver from the mine in year 3
and so on, forming an arithmetic sequence.
(a) Find the mass of silver extracted in year 14
After a total of 7770 tonnes of silver was extracted, the company stopped mining.
Given that this occurred at the end of year N,
- (i) The circle C1 has equation
- (i) A geometric sequence has first term 4 and common ratio 6
Given that the nth term is greater than 10100, find the minimum possible value of n.
- Figure 2 shows a sketch of part of the curve C with equation
- (a) Prove that for all positive values of x and y,
- (i) Solve, for
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.