Edexcel Oct 2021 IAL Pure Maths WMA11/01 (pdf)
giving each term in simplest form.
- A curve has equation
y = 3x5 + 4x3 – x + 5
The points P and Q lie on the curve.
The gradient of the curve at both point P and point Q is 2
Find the x coordinates of P and Q.
3/x > 4
- Figure 2 shows a sketch of the curve with equation y = f(x), where
- The line l1 has equation 3y – 2x = 30
The line l2 passes through the point A(24, 0) and is perpendicular to l1.
- A curve C has equation y = f(x) where
- Figure 3 shows the design for a sign at a bird sanctuary.
The design consists of a kite OABC joined to a sector OCXA of a circle centre O.
In the design
- OA = OC = 0.6m
- AB = CB = 1.4m
- Angle OAB = Angle OCB = 2 radians
- Angle AOC = θ radians, as shown in Figure 3
- Figure 4 shows a sketch of the curve C with equation
y = 4 + 12x – 3x2
- Figure 5 shows a sketch of the curve with equation y = f(x) where
- A curve has equation y = f(x), x > 0
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.