Edexcel June 2018 IGCSE, 4MA1/2H (pdf)
- (a) Make a the subject of the formula M = ac – bd
(b) Solve the inequality 5x – 4 < 39
(c) Factorise fully 18e2f3 – 12e2f
- Work out the difference between the largest share and the smallest share when 3450 yen is divided in the ratios 2 : 6 : 7
- Gopal is paid 20 000 rupees each month.
Jamuna is paid 19 200 rupees each month.
Gopal and Jamuna are both given an increase in their monthly pay. After the increase, they are both paid the same amount each month.
Gopal was given an increase of 8%
Work out the percentage increase that Jamuna was given.
- Show that 3 4/7 - 1 5/8 = 1 53/56
- In the diagram below, P and Q are points on a circle with centre O.
QT is a tangent to the circle.
Angle OPQ = 18°
Work out the size of angle PQT.
Give a reason for each stage of your working.
- The diagram shows two cylinders, A and B.
Cylinder A has height 1.6 m and radius 0.56 m.
(a) Work out the curved surface area of cylinder A.
Give your answer in m2 correct to 3 significant figures.
Cylinder B is mathematically similar to cylinder A. The height of cylinder B is 0.6 m.
(b) Work out the radius of cylinder B.
- The students in Class A and in Class B take the same examination.
There are 28 students in Class A and 32 students in Class B.
The mean score for all the students in both classes is 72.6 The mean score for the students in Class A is 75
(a) Work out the mean score for the students in Class B.
The lowest score in Class A is 39
The range of scores for Class A is 57
The lowest score in Class B is 33
The range of scores for Class B is 60
(b) Find the range of scores for all the students in both classes.
- Work out the value of x.
Give your answer correct to 3 significant figures
- Solve the simultaneous equations
x + y = 15
7x – 5y = 3
Show clear algebraic working.
- 8/27 = 2n
(a) Find the value of n.
(13-6)4 × 135 = 13k
(b) Find the value of k.
- The histogram shows information about the birth weights of some babies.
6 of these babies had a birth weight less than 2.5 kg or greater than 4 kg.
Work out the number of babies who had a birth weight between 2.5 kg and 4 kg.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.