Edexcel 2020 9MA0/03 (pdf)
- Helen believes that the random variable C, representing cloud cover from the large data set, can be modelled by a discrete uniform distribution.
- Tessa owns a small clothes shop in a seaside town. She records the weekly sales figures and the average weekly temperature for 8 weeks during the summer.
- In an experiment a group of children each repeatedly throw a dart at a target. For each child, the random variable H represented the number of times the dart hits the target in the first 10 throws.
- Charlie is studying the time it takes members of his company to travel to the office. He stands by the door to the office from 0840 to 0850 one morning and asks workers, as they arrive, how long their journey was.
- The lifetime, L hours, of a battery has a normal distribution with mean 18 hours and standard deviation 4 hours.
- At time t seconds, where t ≥ 0, a particle P moves in the xy-plane in such a way that its velocity v ms-1 is given by
- A wooden crate of mass 20 kg is pulled in a straight line along a rough horizontal floor using a handle attached to the crate.
- A particle P moves with constant acceleration.
- A plank, AB, of mass M and length 2a, rests with its end A against a rough vertical wall. The plank i held in a horizontal position by a rope. One end of the rope is attached to the plank at B and the other end is attached to the wall at the point C, which is vertically above A.
- A boy throws a ball at a target. At the instant when the ball leaves the boy’s hand at the point A, the ball is 2 m above horizontal ground and is moving with speed U at and angle a above the horizontal.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.