Edexcel Oct 2019 IAL Pure Maths WMA11/01 (pdf)
- Figure 1 shows a sector AOB of a circle with centre O and radius r cm.
The angle AOB is 1.25 radians.
Given that the area of the sector AOB is 15 cm2
(a) find the exact value of r,
(b) find the exact length of the perimeter of the sector. Write your answer in simplest
- A tree was planted in the ground.
Exactly 2 years after it was planted, the height of the tree was 1.85 m.
Exactly 7 years after it was planted, the height of the tree was 3.45 m.
Given that the height, H metres, of the tree, t years after it was planted in the ground, can
be modelled by the equation
H = at + b
where a and b are constants,
(a) find the value of a and the value of b.
(b) State, according to the model, the height of the tree when it was planted.
- Figure 2 shows a sketch of the curve C with equation y = x2 – 5x + 13
The point M is the minimum point of C.
The straight line l passes through the origin O and intersects C at the points M and N as
Find, showing your working
- A parallelogram ABCD has area 40 cm2
Given that AB has length 10 cm, BC has length 6 cm and angle DAB is obtuse, find
(a) the size of angle DAB, in degrees, to 2 decimal places,
(b) the length of diagonal BD, in cm, to one decimal place
- A curve has equation
- The curve C has equation
- Figure 4 shows part of the curve with equation y = 2x2 + 5
The point P(2,13) lies on the curve.
(a) Find the gradient of the tangent to the curve at P.
- Solve, using algebra, the equation
- Figure 5 shows a sketch of part of the curve C with equation
- Figure 6 shows a sketch of part of the curve with equation y = f(x), where
f(x) = (2x + 5)(x – 3)2
- A curve has equation y = f(x).
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.