More Science Worksheets
A series of free Science Lessons for 7th Grade and 8th Grade, KS3 and Checkpoint Science in preparation for GCSE and IGCSE Science.
Drugs, Smoking and Alcohol
• Chemicals that affect the central nervous, changing behaviour and possibly addiction.
- Stimulant (e.g. Caffeine): speeds up reactions
- Depressant (e.g. Alcohol): slows reactions
- Painkillers (e.g. Morphine): blocks nerve impulses
- Halucinogen (e.g. LSD): changes sense perception
• Tobacco smoke contains many chemicals affecting health
- Nicotine: Stimulant, addictive
- Tar: Carcinogen (causes cancer)
- Carbon monoxide: Reduces oxygen levels in blood
- Short term effects: Blurred vision, lowered inhibitions, slowed reactions
- Long term effects: Liver cirrhosis (could require transplant), brain damage
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.