Convert Units of Weight Worksheets
In these free math worksheets, students practice how to convert between the customary units of weights (pounds, ounces).
How to convert from pounds to ounces?
To convert pounds to ounces, you need to know that 1 pound is equal to 16 ounces. Therefore, to convert pounds to ounces, you can multiply the number of pounds by 16.
- 1 pound = 16 ounces
- 2 pounds = 2 x 16 = 32 ounces
- 3 pounds = 3 x 16 = 48 ounces
- 3 pounds 6 ounces = 48 + 6 = 54 ounces
Have a look at this video if you need to review how to convert between the weights.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Convert Units of Weight Worksheets.
More Convert Weight Worksheets
Convert Units of Weight Worksheet
(Answers on the second page.)
Convert Units of Weight
Convert Units of Weight Word Problems
- Evan put a 2-pound weight on one side of the scale. How many 1-ounce weights will he need to put on the other side of the scale to make them equal?
- Julius put a 3-pound weight on one side of the scale. Abel put 35 1-ounce weights on the other side. How many more 1-ounce weights does Abel need to balance the scale?
- Mrs. Upton’s baby weighs 5 pounds and 4 ounces. How many total ounces does the baby weigh?
- Renee’s baby sister weighs 7 pounds 2 ounces. How many ounces does her sister weigh?
- Clay weighs 9 times as much as his baby sister. Clay weighs 63 pounds. How much does his baby sister
weigh in ounces?
- Joyce bought 2 pounds of apples. She bought 3 times as many pounds of potatoes as pounds of apples. The melons she bought were 10 ounces lighter than the total weight of the potatoes. How many ounces did the melons weigh?
- Brian has a melon that weighs 3 pounds. He cut it into six equal pieces. How many ounces did each piece weigh?
- Coleton’s puppy weighed 3 pounds 8 ounces at birth. The vet weighed the puppy again at six months and the puppy weighed 7 pounds. How many ounces did the puppy gain?
- A box weighs 8 ounces. A shipment of boxes weighs 7 pounds. How many boxes are in the shipment?
Standard Measurement Conversion
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.