Videos to help Grade 4 students learn how to create conversion tables for units of time, and use the tables to solve problems.
Topic A: Measurement Conversion Tables
Common Core Standards: 4.OA.1,
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
NYS Common Core Grade 4, Module 7, Lesson 3
Download worksheet for Grade 4, Module 7, Lesson 3 (Pdf)
Lesson 3 Homework
Use RDW to solve Problems 1–2.
1. Jeffrey practiced his drums from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. How many minutes did he practice? Use the
number line to show your work.
2. Isla used her computer for 5 hours over the weekend. How many minutes did she spend on the
3. Complete the following conversion tables and write the rule under each table.
The rule for converting hours to minutes is ___
The rule for converting days to hours is ___
a. 10 hours 30 minutes = __________ minutes
b. 6 minutes 15 seconds = ______ seconds
c. 4 days 20 hours = __________ hours
d. 3 minutes 45 seconds = ______ seconds
e. 23 days 21 hours = __________ hours
f. 17 hours 5 minutes = _______ minutes
5. Explain how you solved Problem 4(f).
6. It took a space shuttle 8 minutes, 36 seconds to launch and reach outer space. How many seconds did it
7. Apollo 16’s mission lasted just over 1 week, 4 days. How many hours are there in 1 week, 4 days?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.