Plans and Worksheets for Kindergarten
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Kindergarten
Common Core For Kindergarten
Eureka Math/EngageNY Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 10 Common Core Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 10
Worksheets for Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 10
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Kindergarten students learn how to compare objects using heavier than, lighter than, and the same as with balance scales.
Topic C: Comparison of Weight
Lesson 10 Concept Development and Problem Set
Imagine that you were on a seesaw with a little kitten on the other end. Draw a picture of yourself and the
kitten on the seesaw. Which end of the seesaw would be closer to the ground? How do you know? Talk
about your picture with your partner. Do your seesaws look the same?
1. What did you notice as you weighed the objects?
2. When you guessed how many pennies each object would weigh, how close were you?
3. How did you know when to stop adding pennies to the scale?
4. Were you surprised by anything that happened in the activity today?
5. Show your Recording Sheet to your friend. Did she make some of the same discoveries?
6. What new (or significant) math vocabulary did we use today to communicate precisely?
Lesson 10 Homework
The golf ball is as heavy as _______
The toy train is as heavy as _______
Draw in the pennies so the carrot is as
heavy as 5 pennies.
Draw in the pennies so the book is as
heavy as 10 pennies.
I can compare the weight of an object to a set of weights on a balance scale.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.