Plans and Worksheets for Grade 6
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 6
Common Core For Grade 6
Examples, videos, and solutions to help Grade 6 students learn to compare and interpret rational numbers' order on the
number line, making statements that relate the numbers' location on the number line to their order.
New York State Common Core Math Module 3, Grade 6, Lesson 9
Lesson 9 Student Outcomes
• Students compare and interpret rational numbers' order on the number line, making statements that relate the
numbers' location on the number line to their order.
• Students apply their prerequisite knowledge of place value, decimals and fractions to compare integers and
other rational numbers.
• Students relate integers and other rational numbers to real world situations and problems.
Lesson 9 Exit Ticket
1. Interpret the number line diagram shown below and write a statement about the temperature for Tuesday
compared to Monday at 11:00 p.m.
2. If the temperature at 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday is warmer than Tuesday's temperature, but still below zero, what is
a possible value for the temperature at 11:00 p.m. Wednesday?
Lesson 9 Problem Set
Write a story related to the points shown in each graph. Be sure to include a statement relating the numbers’ graphs on
the number line to their order.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.