Common Core for Grade 8
Common Core for Mathematics
More Math Lessons for Grade 8
Examples, solutions, videos, and lessons to help Grade 8 students learn how to compare properties of two functions each represented in a different way (algebraically, graphically, numerically in tables, or by verbal descriptions).
For example, given a linear function represented by a table of values and a linear function represented by an algebraic expression, determine which function has the greater rate of change
Common Core: 8.F.2
Suggested Learning Targets
- I can identify functions algebraically including slope and y intercept
- I can identify functions using graphs.
- I can identify functions using tables.
- I can identify functions using verbal descriptions.
- I can compare and contrast two functions with different representations.
- I can draw conclusions based on different representations of functions
The following table shows how to represent functions using graphs, equations, verbal explanations, and tables. Scroll down the page for more examples and solutions.
8.F.2 Function in Different Forms
Comparing Functions (8.F.2)
8.F.2 - Comparing Functions
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.