Plans and Worksheets for Grade 1
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 1
Common Core For Grade 1
Eureka Math/EngageNY grade 1 module 3 lesson 9 Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Grade 1 Module 3, Lesson 9
Eureka Math grade 1 module 3 lesson 9 Worksheets (pdf)
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Grade 1 students learn how to answer compare with difference unknown problems about
lengths of two different objects measured in centimeters.
Common Core Grade 1, Module 3, Topic C: Non-Standard and Standard Length Units
Common Core Standards: 1.MD.1, 1.MD.2
Lesson 9 Concept Development
Learning Goal: I can find the difference when comparing lengths.
Lesson 9 Concept Development and Homework
1. Look at the picture below. How much shorter is Trophy A than Trophy B?
Use your centimeter cubes to model each problem. Then, solve by draw a picture of your model and writing a number sentence and a statement.
4. Susan grew 15 centimeters and Tyler grew 11 centimeters. How much more did
Susan grow than Tyler?
5. Bob’s straw is 13 centimeters. If Tom’s straw is 6 centimeters, how much shorter is
Tom’s straw than Bob’s straw?
6. A purple card is 8 toothpicks long. A red card is 12 toothpicks long. How much
longer is the red card than the purple card?
7. Carl’s bean plant grew to be 9 centimeters tall. Dan's bean plant grew to be 14
centimeters tall. How much taller is Dan's plant than Carl's plant?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.