Videos and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to solve word problems involving the total value of a group of coins.
Common Core Standards:
Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Module 7, Grade 2, Lesson 7
Topic B: Problem Solving with Coins and Bills
NYS Math Module 7 Grade 2 Lesson 7
Download Worksheets for Grade 2, Module 7, Lesson 7 (Pdf)
Lesson 7 Homework
1. Owen has 4 dimes, 3 nickels, and 16 pennies. How much money does he have?
2. Eli found 1 quarter, 1 dime, and 2 pennies in his desk and 16 pennies and 2 dimes in
his backpack. How much money does he have in all?
3. Carrie had 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 11 pennies in her pocket. Then she bought a soft
pretzel for 35 cents. How much money did Carrie have left?
4. Ethan had 67 cents. He gave 1 quarter and 6 pennies to his sister. How much money
does Ethan have left?
5. There are 4 dimes and 3 nickels in Susan’s piggy bank. Nevaeh has 17 pennies and 3
nickels in her piggy bank. What is the total value of the money in both piggy banks?
6. Tison had 1 quarter, 4 dimes, 4 nickels, and 5 pennies. He gave 57 cents to his
cousin. How much money does Tison have left?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.