Analyze and Classify Triangles
Videos to help Grade 4 students learn how to analyze and classify triangles based on side length, angle
measure or both.
Common Core Standards: 4.MD.7
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
New York State Common Core Math Module 4, Grade 4, Lesson 13
NYS Math Module 4 Grade 4 Lesson 13 Application Problem
Fold Triangles A, B, and C to show their lines of symmetry. Use a straightedge to trace each fold. Discuss with
your partners the relationships of symmetric shapes to angles and side lengths.
NYS Math Module 4 Grade 4 Lesson 13 Problem 2
Measure and classify triangles by side length and angle measure.
NYS Math Module 4 Grade 4 Lesson 13 Problem Set
Types of Triangles: Equilateral, Isosceles, Scalene, Acute, Right, Obtuse
1. Classify each triangle by its side lengths and angle measurements. Circle the correct names.
Lesson 13 Problem Set
2. ABC has one line of symmetry as shown. What does this tell you about the measures of ∠A and ∠C ?
3. DEF has three lines of symmetry as shown.
a. How can the lines of symmetry help you figure out which angles are equal?
b. DEF has a perimeter of 30 cm. Label the side lengths.
NYS Math Module 4 Grade 4 Lesson 13 Homework
1. Classify each triangle by its side lengths and angle measurements. Circle the correct names. Use a ruler
and a right angle template to prove your classifications.
5. Can a triangle have more than one obtuse angle? Explain.