Eureka Math/EngageNY grade 1 module 5 lesson 1 Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Grade 1 Module 5, Lesson 1
Worksheets for Grade 1, Module 5, Lesson 1
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Grade 1 students learn how to classify shapes based on defining attributes using examples, variants, and non-examples.
Common Core Standards: 1.G.1
Topic A: Attributes of Shapes
Lesson 1 Concept Development
Learning Goal: I can organize shapes by their attributes.
Lesson 1 Homework
1. Circle the shapes that have 3 straight sides.
2. Circle the shapes that have no corners.
3. Circle the shapes that have only square corners.
a. Draw a shape that has 4 straight
b. Draw another shape with 4 straight
sides that is different from 4(a)
and from the ones above.
5. Which attributes, or characteristics, are the same for all of the shapes in Group A?
6. Circle the shape that best fits with Group A.
7. Draw 2 more shapes that would fit Group A.
8. Draw 1 shape that would not fit in Group A.
To subscribe to Volkertmath click here
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.