More Math Games and Math Trivia
A collection of Chinese Sayings for you to think about.
You may want to check out our funny sayings and "not so wise" sayings, math jokes etc. on our Math Trivia page.
- Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
- If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.
- Learning is like rowing upstream; not to advance is to drop back.
- Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.
- Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come.
- To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.
- One generation plants the trees, and another gets the shade.
- There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same.
- If you don't want anyone to know it, don't do it.
- Paper cannot wrap up a fire.
- You cannot fight a fire with water from far away.
- Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed rather at not being understanding.
- The palest ink is better than the sharpest memory.
- Flowers leave some of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them.
- Just as tall trees are known by their shadows, so are good men known by their enemies.
- When the heart is at ease, the body is healthy.
- A Jade stone is useless before it is processed; a man is good-for-nothing until he is educated.
- Good luck seldom comes in pairs but bad things never walk alone.
- Fight poison with poison.
- Tiger father begets tiger son.
- The error of one moment becomes the sorrow of a whole life.
- He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself.
- Do not anxiously hope for that which is not yet come; do not vainly regret what is already past.
- Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
- If you want happiness for a lifetime - help the next generation.
- Men in the game are blind to what men looking on see clearly.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.