Calculus I - Lecture 21
Newton's Method for Approximating Roots of Equations
- Development of the Method [12 min.]
- Strength & Weaknesses of the Method [5.5 min.]
The Mean Value Theorem for Derivatives
- A Special Case of the Mean Value Theorem: Rolle's Theorem [8.5 min.]
- The (Full) Mean Value Theorem for Derivatives [20 min.]
- Direct Consequences of This Mean Value Theorem [13 min.]
- Some Exercises [7 min.]
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.