A series of free Science Lessons for 7th Grade and 8th Grade, KS3 and Checkpoint Science in preparation for GCSE and IGCSE Science.
Atoms, Elements, Molecules, Compounds
• All matter is made of particles called atoms.
• An element has only one type of atom.
• Each element has its own name and symbol.
• Atoms can join together to form molecules.
• Elements can combine in a chemical reaction and form a compound.
First 20 elements in the Periodic Table
Names and Symbols
Hydrogen - H
Helium - He
Lithium - Li
Beryllium - Be
Boron - B
Carbon - C
Nitrogen - N
Oxygen - O
Fluorine - F
Neon - Ne
Sodium - Na
Magnesium - Mg
Aluminum (or Aluminium) - Al
Silicon - Si
Phosphorus - P
Sulfur - S
Chlorine - Cl
Argon - Ar
Potassium - K
Calcium - Ca
A song to help you remember the first 20 elements
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.