Statistics Lessons & Exams
AP Statistics 2019 Exam Question 1
AP Statistics 2019 Exam Question 2
2. Researchers are investigating the effectiveness of using a fungus to control the spread of an insect that destroys trees. The researchers will create four different concentrations of fungus mixtures: 0 milliliters per liter (ml/L), 1.25 ml/L, 2.5 ml/L, and 3.75 ml/L. An equal number of the insects will be placed into 20 individual containers. The group of insects in each container will be sprayed with one of the four mixtures, and the researchers will record the number of insects that are still alive in each container one week after spraying. . …
AP Statistics 2019 Exam Question 3
3. A medical researcher surveyed a large group of men and women about whether they take medicine as prescribed. The responses were categorized as never, sometimes, or always. The relative frequency of each category is shown in the table. …
AP Statistics 2019 Exam Question 4
4. Tumbleweed, commonly found in the western United States, is the dried structure of certain plants that are blown by the wind. Kochia, a type of plant that turns into tumbleweed at the end of the summer, is a problem for farmers because it takes nutrients away from soil that would otherwise go to more beneficial plants. Scientists are concerned that kochia plants are becoming resistant to the most commonly used herbicide, glyphosate. In 2014, 19.7 percent of 61 randomly selected kochia plants were resistant to glyphosate. In 2017, 38.5 percent of 52 randomly selected kochia plants were resistant to glyphosate. Do the data provide convincing statistical 2019 AP® STATISTICS FREE-RESPONSE QUESTIONS evidence, at the level of a = 0.05, that there has been an increase in the proportion of all kochia plants that are resistant to glyphosate? …
AP Statistics 2019 Exam Question 5
5. A company that manufactures smartphones developed a new battery that has a longer life span than that of a traditional battery. From the date of purchase of a smartphone, the distribution of the life span of the new battery is approximately normal with mean 30 months and standard deviation 8 months. For the price of $50, the company offers a two-year warranty on the new battery for customers who purchase a smartphone. The warranty guarantees that the smartphone will be replaced at no cost to the customer if the battery no longer works within 24 months from the date of purchase. …
AP Statistics 2019 Exam Question 6
6. Emma is moving to a large city and is investigating typical monthly rental prices of available one-bedroom apartments. She obtained a random sample of rental prices for 50 one-bedroom apartments taken from a Web site where people voluntarily list available apartments. …
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.