Questions and Worked Solutions for AP Calculus AB Multiple Choice 1998 (Part B).
More videos, activities and worksheets that are suitable for Calculus
AP Calculus AB Multiple Choice 1969 - 1998 Questions - Complete Papers (pdf)
AP Calculus AB Multiple Choice 1998 Questions 76 - 80
76. The graph of a function f is shown above. Which of the following statements about f is false?
77. Let f be the function given by f(x) = 3e2x
and let g be the function given by g(x) = 6x3
. At what value of x do the graphs of f and g have parallel tangent lines?
78. The radius of a circle is decreasing at a constant rate of 0.1 centimeter per second. In terms of the
circumference C, what is the rate of change of the area of the circle, in square centimeters per
79. The graphs of the derivatives of the functions f, g, and h are shown above. Which of the functions
f, g, or h have a relative maximum on the open interval a < x < b ?
80. The first derivative of the function f is given by f'(x) = (cos2
x)/x = 1/5. How many critical values does f have on the open interval (0,10) ?
AP Calculus AB Multiple Choice 1998 Questions 81 - 85
81. Let f be the function given by f(x) = |x|. Which of the following statements about f are true?
I. f is continuous at x = 0.
II. f is differentiable at x = 0.
III. f has an absolute minimum at x = 0
82. If f is a continuous function and if F'(x) = f(x) for all real numbers x, then
84. Population y grows according to the equation dy/dt = ky, where k is a constant and t is measured in
years. If the population doubles every 10 years, then the value of k is
85. The function f is continuous on the closed interval [2,8] and has values that are given in the table
above. Using the subintervals [2,5], [5,7] and [7,8], what is the trapezoidal approximation of
AP Calculus AB Multiple Choice 1998 Question 86 - 92
86. The base of a solid is a region in the first quadrant bounded by the x-axis, the y-axis, and the line
x + 2y = 8, as shown in the figure above. If cross sections of the solid perpendicular to the x-axis
are semicircles, what is the volume of the solid?
87. Which of the following is an equation of the line tangent to the graph of f(x) = x4
at the point where f'(x) = 1?
88. Let F(x) be an antiderivative of (lnx)3
/x. If F(1) 0, = then F(9) =
89. If g is a differentiable function such that g(x) < 0 for all real numbers x and if
f'(x) = (x2
- 4), which of the following is true?
90. If the base b of a triangle is increasing at a rate of 3 inches per minute while its height h is
decreasing at a rate of 3 inches per minute, which of the following must be true about the area A of
91. Let f be a function that is differentiable on the open interval (1,10). If f(2) = -5, f(5) = 5, and
f(9) = -5, which of the following must be true?
I. f has at least 2 zeros.
II. The graph of f has at least one horizontal tangent.
III. For some c, 2 < c < 5, f(c) = 3.
92. If 0 ≤ k < π/2 and the area under the curve y = cos x from x = π/2, then k =
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.