Questions And Worked Solutions For AP Biology 2015 Exam
AP Biology 2015 Free Response Questions - Complete Paper (pdf)
2015 AP Biology Free Response #1
- Many species have circadian rhythms that exhibit an approximately 24-hour cycle. Circadian rhythms are
controlled by both genetics and environmental conditions, including light …
- (d) To investigate the claim that exposure to light overrides the genetically controlled circadian rhythm, the
researchers plan to repeat the experiment with mutant mice lacking a gene that controls the circadian
rhythm. Predict the observed activity pattern of the mutant mice under L12:D12 conditions and under DD
conditions that would support the claim that light overrides the genetically controlled circadian rhythm
- Cellular respiration includes the metabolic pathways of glycolysis, the Krebs cycle, and the electron transport
chain, as represented in the figures. In cellular respiration, carbohydrates and other metabolites are oxidized, and
the resulting energy-transfer reactions support the synthesis of ATP.
- (c) A researcher estimates that, in a certain organism, the complete metabolism of glucose produces
30 molecules of ATP for each molecule of glucose. The energy released from the total oxidation of glucose
under standard conditions is 686 kcal/mol. The energy released from the hydrolysis of ATP to ADP and
inorganic phosphate under standard conditions is 7.3 kcal/mol. Calculate the amount of energy available
from the hydrolysis of 30 moles of ATP. Calculate the efficiency of total ATP production from 1 mole of
glucose in the organism. Describe what happens to the excess energy that is released from the metabolism
- The amino acid sequence of cytochrome c was determined for five different species of vertebrates. The table
below shows the number of differences in the sequences between each pair of species.
- Both mitosis and meiosis are forms of cell division that produce daughter cells containing genetic information
from the parent cell.
- Phototropism in plants is a response in which a plant shoot grows toward a light source. The results of
five different experimental treatments from classic investigations of phototropism are shown above.
- In an attempt to rescue a small isolated population of snakes from decline, a few male snakes from several larger
populations of the same species were introduced into the population in 1992. The snakes reproduce sexually, and
there are abundant resources in the environment.
- Smell perception in mammals involves the interactions of airborne odorant molecules from the environment with
receptor proteins on the olfactory neurons in the nasal cavity. The binding of odorant molecules to the receptor
proteins triggers action potentials in the olfactory neurons and results in transmission of information to the brain.
Mammalian genomes typically have approximately 1,000 functional odorant-receptor genes, each encoding a
unique odorant receptor
- An individual has lost the ability to activate B cells and mount a humoral immune response.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.