Lesson Plans and Worksheets for Grade 8
Lesson Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
More Math Lessons for Grade 8
Common Core For Grade 8
Examples, videos, and solutions to help Grade 8 students
know the Angle Sum Theorem for triangles; the sum of the interior angles of a triangle is always 180°.
Students present informal arguments to draw conclusions about the angle sum of a triangle.
New York State Common Core Math Grade 8, Module 2, Lesson 14
Worksheets and solutions for Common Core Grade 8, Module 2, Lesson 14
• Students know a third informal proof of the angle sum theorem.
• Students know how to find missing interior and exterior angle measures of triangles and present informal
arguments to prove their answer is correct.
The sum of the remote interior angles of a triangle is equal to the measure of the exterior angle.
Students will see one final informal proof of the angle sum of a triangle before moving on to working with exterior angles
Now let's look at what is called the exterior angle of a triangle. An exterior angle is formed when one of the sides of the
triangle is extended. The interior angles are inside the triangle, so the exterior angle is outside of the triangle along the
Exercises 1 - 4
Use the diagram below to complete Exercises 1 - 4.
1. Name an exterior angle and the related remote interior angles.
2. Name a second exterior angle and the related remote interior angles.
3. Name a third exterior angle and the related remote interior angles.
4. Show that the measure of an exterior angle is equal to the sum of the related remote interior angles.
Example 1 - 4
Find the measure of angle x.
Exercise 5 - 10
5. Find the measure of angle. Present an informal argument showing that your answer is correct.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.