High School Math based on the topics required for the Regents Exam conducted by NYSED. The following are the worked solutions for the Algebra 2/Trigonometry (Common Core) Regents High School Examination June 2015.
The following are questions from the past paper Regents High School Algebra 2/Trigonometry, June 2015 Exam (pdf).
Scroll down the page for the step by step solutions.
Algebra 2/Trigonometry - June 2015 Regents - Part 1: Questions 1 - 14
Algebra 2/Trigonometry - June 2015 Regents - Part 1: Questions 15 - 27
15. When computations. 7/8 x2 - 3/4 x is subtracted from 5/8x2 - 1/4 x + 2, the difference is
16. Which transformation of y f(x) moves the graph 7 units to the left and 3 units down?
17. If log x = 2 log a + log b, then x equals
18. Which value is in the domain of the function graphed below, but is not in its range?
19. How many full cycles of the function y = 3 sin 2x appear in π radians?
20. A theater has 35 seats in the first row. Each row has four more seats than the row before it. Which expression represents the number of seats in the nth row?
21. What is the inverse of the function f(x) = log4 x?
22. The expression (1 + cos 2A)/sin 2A is equivalent to
23. A video-streaming service can choose from six half-hour shows and four one-hour shows. Which expression could be used to calculate the number of different ways the service can choose four half-hour shows and two one-hour shows?
24. The roots of 3x2 + x = 14 are
25. Circle O has a radius of 2 units. An angle with a measure of π/6 radians is in standard position. If the terminal side of the angle intersects the circle at point B, what are the coordinates of B?
27. A population, p(x), of wild turkeys in a certain area is represented by the function p(x) = 17(1.15)2x, where x is the number of years since 2010. How many more turkeys will be in the population for the year 2015 than 2010?
Algebra 2/Trigonometry - June 2015 Regents - Questions 28 - 39
28. Solve algebraically for x: 54x = 125x - 1
29. In triangle ABC, determine the number of distinct triangles that can be formed if m∠A = 85, side a = 8, and side c = 2. Justify your answer.
30. The probability that Kay and Joseph Dowling will have a redheaded child is 1 out of 4. If the Dowlings plan to have three children, what is the exact probability that only one child will have red hair?
31. If log(x + 1) 64 = 3, find the value of x.
32. Factor completely: x3 - 6x2 - 25x + 150
33. Express xi8 - yi6 in simplest form.
34. Given the equation 3x2 + 2x + k = 0, state the sum and product of the roots
35. Determine which set of data given below has the stronger linear relationship between x and y. Justify your choice.
36. Find the measure of the smallest angle, to the nearest degree, of a triangle whose sides measure 28, 47, and 34.
37. Solve algebraically for x: 3/x + x/(x+2) = -2/(x+2)
38. The table below shows the final examination scores for Mr. Spear’s class last year.
Find the population standard deviation based on these data, to the nearest hundredth.
Determine the number of students whose scores are within one population standard deviation of the mean.
39. In the interval 0° ≤ θ < 360°, solve the equation 5 cos θ = 2 sec θ - 3 algebraically for all values of θ, to the nearest tenth of a degree.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.